super snelle blanke fransman wint EJK 100m

French sprinter Christophe Lemaître ran a fantastic 100m at the 20th European Athletics Junior Championships in Novi Sad. Ten years after his fellow countrymen Fabrice Calligny (10.19) he won the dash over 100 metres in a uropean junior 100m record of 10.04.

The elegant athletic Lemaître was quick out of his blocks and lead all the way to the finishline.
Remarkable:
His winning time was also the second fastest ratified mark ever by a junior athlete. The previous European junior record was 10.06, set by Dwain Chambers when the British sprinter won at the 1997 European Athletics Junior Championships.

"I was only focused getting to the top of the podium. Of course, I was motivated to make a good time but in a championship it is always at the bottom of the list of priorities," reflected Lemaître after his record run.

"I thought that the junior record of France might come, but the European record, I did not expect me at all. I am a bit speechless. Now, I'm going to rest and give my best so that, with my friends, we can also go back with a relay medal. Now I'm looking forward to Berlin (the IAAF World Championships next month). I think that I can do something great there, I can run even faster," he added.

source european athletics

Comments

Popular Posts