osaka first day

I'll blog in English because I know there are some people abroad interested as well, yes Carlos!!
Always travelling to the East gives me headaches: the timezones are killing me. Not on the first day but the second and third night I'll miss some sleep in the time I like: night time Osaka.
On the first day I picked up my IAAF Family ID which give me access to the stands and the team seats. From the stories buzzing around I understand it's going to be packed so I'm gratefull to have this accreditation card on me. Thanks to Aspire & QAAF. Along with the ID is a transport pass so I can travel freely by bus and subway or tram.
I've visited afterwards the Tennoji area where the Osaka Municipal Museum is among other things to see in the Tennoji Park. Then to a Shintennoji Temple. Back to hotel and grap some food in the area.
IAAF congress is on its way and I hope to meet some friends at the warm up track.

impressions.
A lot of girls are about waist height wearing mini skirts or hot pants. A lot of guys who are girlie looking. A big crowd every where. Lot of bikes around as well.

elections
Szewinska did not get anything. IAAF will be happy ;)
Vice Presidents(4 seats)
Surprise Digel not but Dahlan yes.
Good for Qatar!!!

Round: 1Total Votes: 192 - Total Abstain: 4 - Absolute Majority: 97
BUBKA Sergey (UKR) ELECTED 167 HERSH Robert (USA) ELECTED 141 COE Sebastian (GBR) ELECTED 137 AL-HAMAD Dahlan (QAT) ELECTED 129

DIGEL Helmut (GER) 113 - FRANCIS Amadeo I.D. (PUR) 81

Countdown to Saturday:
http://osaka2007.iaaf.org/index.html

Today fill out some prediction tests but first gather some inside info (L.O.L.)

Comments

Popular Posts