strange



“It was a crazy competition of ups and downs. I could not be sure to win before the 1500 metres. This competition proved that Decathlon is only finished after the tenth event. You have to fight until the end. There I tried to race and go with Maurice Smith. The 100 metres sprint was horrible. I was upset. I was not satisfied with the Long Jump too. I said: ‘Roman, come on, you can become a World champion’.” Quate: Seberle


“As most athletes do, you make a lot of sacrifices to get here and I was just thinking about all those sacrifices I made,” said the 30-year-old Australian, “and everybody that has helped me in my support group, with my wife, my coach, my family. The emotion just sort of happened involuntarily. It was something that every athlete dreams about, becoming a World champion, and the realisation that I was about to achieve it, like I said, it just happened involuntarily.” Quaote Deakes.



A very strange feeling.

Leaving the WC with a strong finish still to come.

In the morning in the stadium to see the decathlon and then after discus back to the hotel to get my things and go by train to the airport.

Waiting in line for more than 75 minutes for check in, a quick starbucks and hop on the plane to Doha,

Put my watch in synch with Doha, work a bit and sleep a little.

Coming home just before midnight.

the last day I haver to follow by internet or tv

strange.


Comments

Popular Posts